embedding graphics in text?

Klaus Major klaus at major-k.de
Fri Sep 5 06:44:01 EDT 2003

Konichi-wa Rees-san,
(its noon here in germany ;-)

> Newbie sort of question, but I'm a newb, so here goes --
>
> Converting a hypercard stack, have a graphics layover and space in the
> text where images in the layover are supposed to end up, but font
> differences and so forth and the images are not where they should be,
> relative to the text.
>
> So I would like to be able to cut the images out of the layover and
> embed them into the text, the way it can be done with html. Does
> revolution support such a thing?

HTNL is one solution, but you are probably looking for "imagesource"

> (Having trouble thinking of where to look this up in the docs.)

Setting the "imagesource" of a char in a field, this char will be
replaced with that image...

Examples:

set the imagesource of char 1 of fld 1 to 1003  ## the ID of an image

set the imagesource of char 1 of fld 1 to "hotpix"  ### name of an image

set the imagesource of char 1 of fld 1 to "binfile:image.jpg" ## path
to an imagefile

set the imagesource of char 1 of fld 1 to
"http://www.myserver.com/a_folder/an_image.gif"

Hope that helps...

> --
> Joel Rees, programmer, Systems Group
> Altech Corporation (Alpsgiken), Osaka, Japan
> http://www.alpsgiken.co.jp

Sayonara

Klaus Major
klaus at major-k.de