Encrypted stack doesn't behave properly - oops; yes it does.

Robert Brenstein rjb at rz.uni-potsdam.de
Thu Sep 4 18:09:01 EDT 2003

>>>Set the passkey when the stack is opened.  Then set the password before
>>>saving the data stack again.
>>
>>I don't believe you need to set the password after setting the passkey.  The
>>passkey allows you access to the stack during the current editing session;
>>to remove a password from a stack you'd need to set the password to empty.
>>Thus, once you set the passkey of a stack, the stack can be edited as
>>needed, saved, and closed.  Once it is closed, it will be protected as
>>before.
>>

>You are right Scott.  Once it is set, it is set.  This is unless you
>set it to empty and save it.
>

>Best regards,
>Mark Talluto
>http://www.canelasoftware.com

But is it possible to unlock the stack for the duration of a given
script only? Assume a handler that needs to do sth that requires a
stack to be unlocked. It sets the passkey and does its business.
However, it seems that this unlocks the stack until it is closed,
thus opening it potentially for mischief. Is the a way to lock the
stack back before the handler ends? It would be logical if setting a
password did that trick, but does it?

Robert