The Directory Walker revisited

David Vaughan dvk at dvkconsult.com.au
Thu Sep 4 17:02:01 EDT 2003

On Friday, Sep 5, 2003, at 01:05 Australia/Brisbane, Dar Scott
<dsc at swcp.com> wrote:

> Then I am concerned.
>
> From looking at that code and similar code, the handler calls itself
> only 19 times.  That should not hit the recursion limit.  Something
> else is wrong.
>
> What Rev version and OS are you using?  Maybe some beta versions went
> out as debug builds.
>
> Even so, I doubt this would be enough to cause this.  Something is
> wrong.
>
> I would not be surprised if my apps without recursion would hit 19
> deep.  Many of my recursive functions typically hit 32.

Dar, I have had time only for a preliminary test but it appeared that
the apparent depth blew up past a relatively low limit, so, even though
no error is declared until later, there is a problem perhaps as low as
20-50 leading to exploding false calls and an error at 700. I am using
2.1 on OS X.
If this has not been resolved by someone else by tomorrow I will have a
better look.

regards
David