windows conversion

John Tenny jtenny at willamette.edu
Thu Sep 4 15:48:00 EDT 2003

Group:
       I have need of someone talented on the Windows side of rev to do
some finishing touches on a pre-commercial/research tool stack of mine.
I've done my work with Studio on a Mac, and know nearly nothing about
the problems with distributing on Windows; and I'm running out of time.
Nothing in the stack is tricky, but needs the following worked out:

1. print or email marked cards. The part I don't know about is how to
deal with the data entry being done on a portable not connected to a
printer/email system, so something that would store the data until the
user gets to a printer or email connection.

2. menus -- I've heard there is a difference between Mac and Windows
and need that accomodiated

3. fonts - I'm just using Ariel so maybe no problems, but....

4. buttons - resolve any appearance problems.

5. adding serial number/password protection

6. and I'm sure open to improving the crude and cumbersome way I've
done things as a newcomer to all this. I've got the basics done of what
the program needs to do. The stack is a series of timers and counters
used during observation of others.

Of course I'd want a professional relationship with guarantees of
confidentality  and my full ownership of the final product. I know
several of you do this for a living, and I'd like to hear from you
regarding cost and timelines. It's best to reply off line, I'm sure.
Reasonable cost is a priority.

Peace,

John       jtenny at willamette.edu