undo broken in script editor

Steve Gehlbach steve at nexpath.com
Thu Sep 4 00:46:01 EDT 2003

Monte Goulding wrote:

>>Has the lame (and broken) function of the undo command in the script
>>editor been reported as a bug?
>
> The undo menu just uses the undo command (which you can about read in the
> docs). It's very limited. Using it twice is the same as redo. It get's reset
> whenever anything is done via script and seeing as there's heaps of stuff
> scripted in the script editor field it hardly ever works.

Okay, good point, I read the docs, and it does say it undoes "typing",
and the Backspace key is typing.  I have a habit of highlighting text
and hitting the Backspace key to delete it.  The undo does not work on
this key.  However, it does work (sort of) on the Del key, but adds an
extra return or linefeed.  This is true on Windows and Linux.

But I agree everything else seem to work for one level.

I still say a 21st century editor (particularly where you are trapped in
an IDE and can't conveniently use anything else) that does not have
multilevel undo, is lame.

-Steve