Radio buttons as indicator lights

Ken Norris pixelbird at interisland.net
Wed Sep 3 22:37:01 EDT 2003

Hi  Ray,

> Date: Wed, 03 Sep 2003 12:23:50 -0700
> From: "Ray G. Miller" <rgmiller at pacbell.net>
> Subject: Re: Radio buttons as indicator lights
>
> If the user has no control over the radio buttons, the user will be
> fustrated... It's an incorrect user interface.
---------
Dunno about the frustration part, but the other part is right on. Sorry I
didn't mention it before. Good catch, IMO.
> This way the user is never confusing radio btns with indicators.
That's right. Using radio buttons for something other than their intended
use could be confusing, especially if you have a prefs dialog with radio
buttons which are used in the normal way.

I wish I knew what the indicator interface is for. That way we could,
perhaps, help make a better call on the right type of visual to use.

Ken N.