strategies for the default "answer file"

Alex Rice alex at mindlube.com
Wed Sep 3 15:20:01 EDT 2003

On Wednesday, September 3, 2003, at 01:40  PM, Richard Gaskin wrote:

> I just need to reliably present a file selection dialog and a folder
> selection dialog to a specific directory on all supported platforms.
> What
> are the rules?

Sorry to chime in your thread with additional questions, but what would
folks expect to happen with this transcript code?

answer file "pick a file" with specialFolderPath("unknown ID")

Where the unknown ID is not defined for a particular platform. (e.g.
"Documents" not working on MacOS platform, even though OS X has a
Documents folder).

I was seeing some bizarre behavior by the open dialog, so I just
removed the folder path and resigned to

answer file "pick a file"

Haven't had time to really troubleshoot it yet.

Alex Rice <alex at mindlube.com> | Mindlube Software | http://mindlube.com