strategies for the default "answer file"

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Wed Sep 3 14:47:00 EDT 2003

Ostensibly, when Rev boots the default directory is set the folder the
engine or standalone is in, and "answer file" will default to that
directory.

However I've had widely varying reports of just which folder first appears
when calling "answer file" with no default directory specified.

Complicating matters further, if memory serves there was some discussion
here about the specified default directory being overridden by som OSes
under some circumstances, but I can't recall the details.

I just need to reliably present a file selection dialog and a folder
selection dialog to a specific directory on all supported platforms.  What
are the rules?

--
 Richard Gaskin
 Fourth World Media Corporation