Disc Burning Example?

Alex Rice alex at mindlube.com
Tue Sep 2 18:09:00 EDT 2003

On Tuesday, September 2, 2003, at 03:31  PM, Barry Levine wrote:

> In October of last year I asked the list if there was an example of
> calling Apple's Disc Burner software from Rev in OSX.
>
> Well, you've all had some time to think about this. Any bright ideas?

I've been meaning to answer as soon as this darn DVD-R disk finishes
burning. Remind me in another month.  ;-)

Seriously: search google.com for +hdiutil -man +burn for some example
commands.

After figuring out how to do it from the OS X command line then I would
call the same commands via transcript shell() and/or process() instead
of via the command line.

Maybe there is an applescript interface as well.

> PS - Shouldn't this be an example stack in the Rev distribution? Most
> of us are not bare-metal programmers so it would seem that someone
> from the Rev team might need to step up to the plate here.

I don't think so. To me it's a Mac OS X question, advanced command-line
usage, and not a Rev or transcript question. It's an interesting
question- but not something I would expect Runrev to provide a script
for in their distribution.

Alex Rice <alex at mindlube.com> | Mindlube Software | http://mindlube.com