radioBehavior problem

Klaus Major klaus at major-k.de
Tue Sep 2 06:44:01 EDT 2003

Hi Graham,

> I have a group of radio buttons which are intended as indicator lights.
> The radioBehavior of the group is set to true,

This requires a special syntax, see below...

> and this can be confirmed in the message box. However when I set the
> hilite
> of one of the buttons in the group to true by script (rather than
> clicking the button),
> it doesn't turn off the hilites of the other buttons, and I can end up
> with all of them
> hilited. This seems contrary to the TD.
>
> A typical line of script is:
>
> set the hilite of btn "ReachedLevel2" of cd 1 of stack
> "Level_Indicators" to true
>
> What am I doing wrong?

Do this:

set the hilitedbuttonname of grp "your group" of cd 1 of stack
"Level_Indicators" to "ReachedLevel2"

Should work as exspected :-)

I think your syntax will somehow override the "radioBehavior" of that
group...
Can anyone confirm this?

> (I should say I'm still using RR 2.0.1 as I try to avoid long
> downloads in my current location.

Same in 2.0x and 1.x...

> Roll on broadband in Rural France!)
>
> TIA for any explanation

Hope that helps...

> Graham

> Graham Samuel / The Living Fossil Co. / UK & France

Regards

Klaus Major
klaus at major-k.de
www.major-k.de