command-line/CGI Revolution engine questions

Alex Rice alex at mindlube.com
Mon Sep 1 23:42:00 EDT 2003

On Monday, September 1, 2003, at 02:58  PM, Pierre Sahores wrote:
> To run in the cgi way (console mode - no X display needed at all),
> "fu.rev" don't have to be saved as a stack but as a .txt file. To get
> it
> available as a regular cgi script, a ".rev" (or the other extension of
> your choice) addhandler entry need to be added to the "httpd.conf"
> Apache config file, like below

Thanks for the info, however I'm not writing CGI or a server process- I
just wanted to use transcript write some shell scripts for slinging
text around and doing some database queries.

Seems like a pain so far. Maybe I had better stick to Perl for my shell
scripting.

>> #!/bin/sh
>> # MetaCard 2.4 stack
>> # The following is not ASCII text,
>> # so now would be a good time to q out of more^L
>> exec mc $0 "$@"
>
> The five line upon are reserved to the private use of the stacks by the
> engine.

That's surprising. Seems like it could be very useful in a shell
scripting environment.

Alex Rice <alex at mindlube.com> | Mindlube Software | http://mindlube.com