variable list? Global var confusion

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Mon Sep 1 20:33:00 EDT 2003

On Monday, September 1, 2003, at 06:59 PM, John Tenny wrote:

> What I think I want (but not sure) is a set of variables that work
> 'globally' on one card, for all the handlers on that card, but no
> other card.

Perhaps what you want is script local.  That will be visible to all
handlers in the card script.  If you also want these to be visible to
handlers in controls on the card, you can use a set handler and a get
function.  Or use custom properties.

Just put a script local at the top of your script outside handler or
function script.

(If you are sharing a group among cards and your variable is in the
group script, you will need something else.  You might try an array
indexed by card id or a hidden field that does not share text.)

Dar Scott