Encryption bug - It's really there

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 1 15:59:01 EDT 2003

--- Barry Levine <themacguy at macosx.com> wrote:
> The following script will not function properly in
> an encrypted stack
> whether in a Distribution or the IDE.
>
> on mouseUp
>    put the short name of image 1 into theName
>    copy image theName to this stack
> answer it
> end mouseUp
>
> Try this yourself. Create a stack with one button
> and one image. Give
> the stack a password. Save, close & remove from
> memory, and reopen the
> stack. The script doesn't work. Provide the passkey.
> The script now
> works.
>
> The Rev docs say that encryption is supposed to
> prevent users from
> changing the stack but that scripts are unaffected.
> Is this a bug?
>
> Barry

I have another nice one in that department : a library
stack creates a new stack (no cloning) and tries to
set its script (within the 10-line limit) -- worked
fine until the stack was encrypted.
While encrypted, it would come to a grinding halt at
the line 'set the script of...' ; no error indicating
what had gone wrong. As I found another way to
accomplish the same end-goal that did work in ncrypted
form, I didn't pursue the topic.

Jan Schenkel.

=====