Numeric field

Brian Yennie briany at qldlearning.com
Mon Sep 1 15:18:01 EDT 2003

If your data comes in simple 1-to-1 key/value pairs, you may want to
try arrays:

put testValue into lookupTable[intelligenceKey]

You can also load/unload arrays from text:

## loads comma-delimited lines from a field
put fld "myData" into myArray
split myArray using return and comma
put myArray[3] into scoreNumberThree
add 6 to myArray[3]
etc...

## unloads the current contents of the array back into the field
combine myArray using return and comma
put myArray into field "myData"

HTH,
Brian

>> Thanks to everybody who responded to my plea for help!  Being new to
>> Revolution, I really appreciate everyone being so helpful! I am a
>> former REALbasic user who struggle with its complex programing
>> language.  Revolution is certainly easier but there is a lot to learn!
>> I also have another question. In my RB project, I used a "container"
>> serve as a lookup table for correlations between intelligence and
>> achievement tests. Is there similar procedure for Revolution that you
>> can used for a lookup table?

Brian Yennie
Chief Technology Officer
QLD Learning, LLC