Help! My Revolution died!

Jim Lyons jimlyons at earthlink.net
Mon Sep 1 15:08:01 EDT 2003

I've been happily using Rev 2.0.2 Studio on OS X for a month or so. A
few times it's been flakey, unexpectedly quitting, not responding to
Shutdown, getting lost in the IDE somewhere so I have to Force Quit it,
and more than once getting in a loop that repeatedly shows and hides the
Error window until I abort it and quit. But it's always come back from
these snits and worked fine for many sessions. (Has anyone else observed
this behavior?)

But now, after a Force Quit, when I try to restart it, it freezes
mid-launch with the splash screen up, loading plug-ins. I restarted the
machine and tried again with the same result. Choosing Force Quit in the
Finder actually gets the launch a little further along but the splash
screen remains and the cursor is the beach ball. I was just about to
show someone my work today! :^/

I still have the download file, so I guess I can just reinstall. On OS
X, how do I do this cleanly? Just throw away the Rev application icon,
then reinstall? Or should I go ahead and get 2.1 now instead of messing
with this anyway? Any words of wisdom, or reassurance?

Jim Lyons