Are there no help sites?

Dan Shafer dan at shafermedia.com
Mon Sep 1 11:23:00 EDT 2003

Martin Pilkington wrote:

> As I am fairly new to programming I need more help with using
> revolution
> than the manual provides.
> Has anyone made or know of a tutorial site for new revolution users?

I presume you've gone through the online tutorials. If not, do so.
They're pretty darned good. You can  particularly learn a lot by going
through and then analyzing the Independent Study tutorial.

There are quite a few resources available. Here are a few.

Alan  Golub's ezine, RevJournal (http://www.revjournal.com) has an
ongoing RevSchool series of tutorials that are quite good.

Chipp Walters has a great meta-resource listing other resources at
http://www.fourthworld.com/rev/

I'm building a Revolution Pros site that will be unveiled very soon
now, along with the first of three volumes of my eBook, "Programming at
the Speed of Thought." The books will tie to the Web site where
discussions, examples, shortened tutorials on specific topics extracted
from the book and other goodies will be available. Send private email
to dan at shafermedia.com with the subject line "Let Me Know When" and
I'll...er...let you know when.

There's not a huge amount of stuff out yet that's Rev-specific but
there is a gathering of momentum. Meanwhile, a lot of what exists for
HyperCard and HyperTalk, including the old books by me, Danny Goodman,
Jeanne DeVoto (who runs docs for Rev) and others have been suggested by
some people to be useful in the early going.

Mostly, just ask questions here!

Dan Shafer, Revolutionary
Author of forthcoming 3-book set,
"Revolution: Programming at the Speed of Thought"
http://www.revolutionpros.com for More Info