Background Color BleedThrough -- Fairly Easy Fix

Wolfgang M. Bereuter wmb at internettrainer.com
Mon Sep 1 08:06:01 EDT 2003

On Montag, Sep 1, 2003, at 06:56 Europe/Vienna, J. Landman Gay wrote:

>> You can put a rect graphic in and put it around the field. I believe
>> it can be positioned to stand in perfectly for the field border, and
>> yet not leave a mark.
>
> Good for a temporary work-around, but in the long run they need to fix
> it. On the bright side, I see the bug has been assigned and it is
> under review.

Thanks Jaquelin, you are completly right. It must be fixed urgently.

IMnHO
Why this is not a real workaround Geoff...
1) I have hundreds of fields, which must move on click with effect. A
work around in this way is impossible or would be worse than a chinese
torture. So I had to find another work around in the past. As I said
the bug is very old and I have reportet it before bugzilla about 5 or 6
times. And I remmber others, which have reported it too... Why it is
not in bugzilla...?

I would be really interested why this was not fixed in the last 1,5
years..?
My workaround was: change all (bigger) text-controls to the size that
you dont need scrolling... (for some of them it was not possible,
because the text content are to big, so the ugly lines are still
there...) Not an elegant english style,:)

A similar problem was that with the double-arrow buttons. I could not
move/change any controls with the nudge buttons. Pls RR team imagine
that once.!? Not moving a single control, a group of controls, no
change in size of a single control, etc...
Now I know, thanks to Barry, that the reason is Cocktails double-arrow
buttons. But I had this Cocktail Effekt *only* in rev. So I thought
thats a rev problem...

Therefore finally I think:
1) anybody from RR should still read the list to see what problems are
discussed here and actualize/check the db.
RR should also listen a bit more to these non scripters (like me). Not
all of them are idiots, and they have to pay the same money like the
others...

regards
Wolfgang M. Bereuter

Learn easy with trainingsmaps©
INTERNETTRAINER Wolfgang M. Bereuter
Edelhofg. 17/11, A-1180 Wien, Austria
http://www.internettrainer.com, wmb at internettrainer.com
Tel: ++43/1/ 961 0418, Fax: ++43/1/ 479 2539