corrupted stack

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Thu Oct 30 12:27:20 EST 2003

Alex Rice wrote:

> On Oct 30, 2003, at 10:03 AM, Alex Rice wrote:
>
>> This "~" file is starting to take on mythic proportions for me. I've
>> had stacks get corrupted several times, and not once have I been able
>> to see a "~" backup file.
>
> continuing that thought...
>
> So is there, or should there be a bugzilla bug for "stacks being
> corrupted with no ~ backup stack existing for recovery"?

I would bug it.  The engine itself seems generally reliable in this regard,
so it may be something in the interactions with the IDE.  As an additional
data point, since 1997 I've only had one corrupted stack with MC, and in all
cases where a save was terminated (fatal error elsewhere in the system,
power outage, me doing something stupid) there was a "~" copy to work from.

--
 Richard Gaskin
 Fourth World Media Corporation