Newbie questions

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Thu Oct 30 02:51:06 EST 2003

> A single character is a single character.  It could be anything that helps
> prevent name-space conflicts.  The "g" has an additional value as a
> mnemonic; "g" means "global", and it lets you use other chars for other
> types (e.g., "p" for "parameter").

You're right of course.  See below.

> If you use an underscore for globals, what do you use for other types?

I don't.  I misread the problem in the original post as having to do with
object references, not variable references.  I was referring to the use of
underscores for object names (ie field _name vs field "name").  I do, in
fact, use the same naming conventions for variables.  Apologies for the
misread.

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director