Pointer tool not working

JonathanC at ag.nsw.gov.au JonathanC at ag.nsw.gov.au
Thu Oct 30 00:11:15 EST 2003

I recently created a stack ("Launcher.rev") to act like HyperCard's Home
stack. It works OK, but just then, when I went to edit a button, I
discovered that the pointer tool wasn't working. When I choose the pointer
tool (either from the palette or the Tools menu) and click on the button,
instead of selecting it, it CLICKS it (as though the browse tool is
active).

This only happens with this one stack (so far). I can still select objects
by choosing "Card [or Stack] Inspector" from the Object menu and then
finding the object I want from the Selection pop-up menu, or by using the
Application Browser, but why can't I select them directly?

Jonathan Cooper
Manager of Information / Website
Art Gallery of New South Wales
Sydney, Australia