Still no good PNG

Wilhelm Sanke sanke at hrz.uni-kassel.de
Wed Oct 29 17:31:53 EST 2003

On Tue, 28 Oct 2003 Ken Norris <pixelbird at interisland.net> wrote:

> Howdy,
>
> I'm stumped.
>
> Nothing I do makes the image show up properly. I want a blended translucent
> image for all platforms mode. In SC I could do it by setting inks, but in
> Rev's All Platforms mode, the middle of the image where the blend occurs is
> blown out. I tried all kinds of tricks in PhotoShop (LE is all I have on
> this machine), and the image is a layer with no background (the checkerboard
> is there in PS). In PS the image is fine, but when I import it to Rev, the
> blended portion is completely gone.

I prefer "RealDraw Pro" instead of all kinds of Photoshop. It is simpler
to operate and much cheaper - about 50 $ (www.mediachance.com), but
there is only a Windows version. There is a trial version without
restrictions.

No troubles with importing translucent PNGs of any blend level into Rev
or Metacard and both on Windows and MacOS.

Regards,

Wilhelm Sanke