Panther Install Question

Alex Rice alex at mindlube.com
Wed Oct 29 14:02:32 EST 2003

On Oct 29, 2003, at 11:56 AM, Dave Cragg wrote:

> While I agree it's normally proper for an app to store its preferences
> in another place, there's a good case for Rev doing it the way it
> does. It allows keeping multiple copies of Rev on the machine, each
> with its own set of prefs. This is useful when you need to keep
> different versions when maintaining old projects.

Yep and I guess that's the only thing useful about it. Other than that,
the current setup breaks when administrator privileges are required,
and every time a new version of Revolution comes out, we have to
re-enter all of our preferences. FWIW I bugzilla'd this
where-the-preferences-are-stored issue, a while back.

Alex Rice <alex at mindlube.com> | Mindlube Software |
<http://mindlube.com>