Get shell broken on Panther?

Sannyasin Sivakatirswami katir at hindu.org
Tue Oct 28 22:52:22 EST 2003

On Oct 28, 2003, at 4:32 PM, Richard Gaskin wrote:

> Would using resfile serve as a workaround?
>
>   put url "resfile:someFile/path/file.txt" into \
>      url "resfile:somefolder/OnTheServer/"

Well, we need the entire file... I was trying to avoid the read and
write to rev-ram and the ditto  was an instant copy across our 100
base-T LAN.. but in a pinch we could use binfile... trouble is some of
these InDesign 2 files get pretty big...(pg 42-42 of our current issue
is a 25 meg file)

Hopefully Adobe's new workgroup RCS in the Creative Suite will  take
care of everything. But still need to get ditto to work for other copy
file routines...

> Sannyasin Sivakatirswami wrote:
>
>> This was working on 10.2.8 from within a Rev script, but not now on
>> Panther:
>>
>> put ("ditto -rsrcFork "&quote &(gLocalPath&"/" &
>> gLocalFile)&quote&&quote& fld "remoteFolder"&quote) into tCommand
>>
>> get shell (tCommand)
>>
>> but
>>
>> ditto -rsrcFork "someFile/path/file.txt" "somefolder/OnTheServer/"
>>
>> *Does* work in the Panther terminal... just not any more from within a
>> Rev script...
>

> --
>  Richard Gaskin
>  Fourth World Media Corporation
>  Developer of WebMerge: Publish any database on any Web site
Sannyasin Sivakatirswami
Himalayan Academy Publications
at Kauai's Hindu Monastery
katir at hindu.org