Windows sound and music--help!

Chipp Walters chipp at chipp.com
Tue Oct 28 01:57:43 EST 2003

Judy,

Early versions of XP shipped with SAPI 4, which works with RR. Perhaps he
was using such an early version? Did it upgrade it using SP1? If not, it may
be a memory problem. Try booting RR and just entering:

revSpeak "hello"

If that doesn't work, you might check the SAPI control panel and see if any
settings have changed. Choose the smallest voiceprint possible and try
again. I looked all over to try and find out how to tell if you're using
SAPI 4 or 5..with no luck. You'd think they'd put a vers # on the
thing...but *that's MicroSoft*

-Chipp