revUpdateGeometry

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 27 04:06:51 EST 2003

--- Jim Hurley <jhurley at infostations.com> wrote:
> I am trying to set two different window sizes, one
> for the smaller
> iMax and one for all larger screens.
>
> I have used the Geometry manager to resize various
> controls for the
> two window sizes. (I set min and max window sizes.)
>
> It works well when I manually resize the window for
> each card.
>
> But I would like to run through all the cards in a
> preopenstack
> handler in a way which is invisible to the user.
> However when I use
> the following
>
>    repeat with i = 1 to the number of cards
>      send "revUpdateGeometry" to card i
>    end repeat
>
> only the  current card gets the message. When I use
>
>   Lock screen
>   repeat with i = 1 to the number of cards
>      go to card i
>      revUpdateGeometry
>    end repeat
> unlock screen
>
> each card gets the messages but the screen doesn't
> lock.
>
> Question: How do I  update update the geometry of
> each card without
> flashing through each card?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jim

Hi Jim,

Currently the Geometry Manager only works for the card
you are on (its script references 'this card' and the
like ; plus it locks/unlocks the screen all by
itself).
However, you can simply have the other cards update on
'preOpenCard', just before they are displayed, and
that should work just fine.
So steer your Inspector palette to the card, go to the
"Geometry" pane, and check the box "Update before
opening card".

Hope this helped,

Jan Schenkel.

=====