How to use Rev with Media Player - anyone got a guide?

Ken Norris pixelbird at interisland.net
Sun Oct 26 16:18:27 EST 2003

Hi Klaus,

> Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2003 11:10:34 +0100
> From: Klaus Major <klaus at major-k.de>
> Subject: Re: How to use Rev with Media Player - anyone got a guide?

>> I assume they should also play
>> back on WMP in Windows on a PC.
>
> I doubt ;-)
----------
OK, but your explanation is limited. I understand codecs when they come into
play, but I don't understand why a file type created by QT can't be played
by any other player on any other machine which can recognize it. I think
there are sites with video that will open automatically with either player
(but maybe not RealPlayer) IIRC. What created them?

Does MP come with a 'Pro' version like QT Pro which will allow conversions?

How do we create files that play on WMP? And further, how do we ensure that
the user won't have to go to extraordinary lengths, i.e., outside of using a
reasonably recent OS, to display media content?

Like others, I must be able to create A/V and deliver apps that will display
A/V on either Win or Mac (UNIX not necessary yet, but down the
road...maybe). Setting separate sets of files is OK, but, e.g., how do I
record sound for WMP in Rev?

If I'm going to use Rev to produce x-platform, that will be a necessity.

The only other thing might be to bundle some less-than-new version of QT
that will play on the widest variety of Win machines and will play my media,
along with a one button installer, with the app. I seem to remember a thread
about that, but I couldn't find anything in the archives.

Ken N.