Windows sound and music--help!

Ken Norris pixelbird at interisland.net
Sat Oct 25 15:25:45 EDT 2003

Scott previously wrote:

> The bottom line is though, messing with the system volume to manage sound is
> a hacked way to go.  Rev really needs to overhaul its sound capabilities.
----------
Agreed...110%.

Handling sound and TTS is critical for me. It's part of the interfaces I use
for the disabled.

These folks all have different deficits and in varying degrees, so building
customized and customizeable apps for them is key to success. That means
using RAD tools like Rev, but most of them have easier access to Win boxes
than modern Macs.

No matter how much they may turn up their noses at the notion, I ALWAYS
recommend using Macs instead of Win boxes for the disabled where sound is a
factor, because of the Mac's superior handling of sound. In my mind there is
no comparison, and never has been. That's why Industrial Light and Magic
uses Macs for sound production.

But I don't want to get into a sound war. I just want TTS with a choice of
voices, and good, compatible sound handling capabilities. It's not for me
(you already know where I stand on the subject), it's for my potential
users.

TIA,
Ken N.