How to use Rev with Media Player - anyone got a guide?

Klaus Major klaus at major-k.de
Sat Oct 25 14:08:57 EDT 2003

Hi Stephen,

> Hi Klaus,
>
> Well, maybe not 'official', but its a good start...highlights a lot of
> pitfalls and things to test for.
>
>> Still there were some surprises like WAV sounds which could be played
>> in the WMP as well as QT, no fancy codec, but it just does not want to
> play in RR...
>
> I saw this too and was the main thing that prompted my post, it was the
> trigger but then flagged up a number of other differences. I debugged
> my App
> fine on my WIN XP machine - not thinking that I had QT installed at
> the time
> (the App was developed for other WIN machines, so not strictly cross
> platform!). Anyone got any fixes for playing wav in Media player
> through
> Rev?

You can do so with "mcisendstring", but the dox are a bit sparse about
this topic...

Here is another url to get you started:

http://www.saettler.com/RIFFMCI/riffmci.html

Hint:
See also last mail of Scott Rossi:
Re: Windows sound and music--help!

> Thanks for the link to the controller - I will try to get some further
> undertstanding from this

Drop a line (offlist, if you like :-), if you need further
info/assistance...

> Best regards
> Steve

Regards