Close window doesn't quit standalone

Marty Billingsley marty at vertex.ucls.uchicago.edu
Fri Oct 24 13:01:36 EDT 2003

Bill Vlahos writes
>I have a standalone which doesn't quit when I close the window on OS X.
>To get the app to quit I have to select Quit from the application menu.
>I'm using 2.1 release. The standalone destroystack option is checked
>during the build.
>
>Is this the expected behavior or a bug? How can I have the app quit
>when the only window it has is closed?

This is expected behavior for a Mac application.  (I don't know if
it's expected for an RR standalone with the destroystack option
checked.)  I often have to point out to my students that on a
Windows machine closing the last document of an application will
quit that app, while on the Mac, the app stays open.

Maybe this is addressed in the Apple User Interface Guidelines....

  - marty

--
Marty Billingsley (marty at .ucls.uchicago.edu)
The University of Chicago Laboratory Schools

    "We are our choices...."
                   - Sartre