When names and when values (was function for custom properties)

Klaus Major klaus at major-k.de
Thu Oct 23 14:55:50 EDT 2003

Hi Dar,

> On Thursday, October 23, 2003, at 06:17 AM, Klaus Major wrote:
>
>> function u pParam
>>   get ("u" & pParam)
>>   return the it of this stack
>> end u
>
> I want to learn.  Honest.

Good boy :-)

> I still have trouble knowing and predicting when some things can be
> values and
> when they need to be names and keywords.  Is there some simple model
> for this?

Mere experience :-)

I found that only customprops are very sensitive when being called...

You can always -> "put fld ("ff" & myvar) into xyz" etc...

But no way with cps, until i found IT.
Clean and simple :-)

This works fine, but you have to track IT very carefully in this case,
sine IT can e.g. hold a "recently" asked filename or something like
that...

Maybe IT is the only non-ambiguous variable, engine-wise...

> Dar Scott

Regards

Klaus Major
klaus at major-k.de