cross-stack globals, also, file inclusion

Alex Rice alex at mindlube.com
Wed Oct 22 22:41:43 EDT 2003

On Wednesday, October 22, 2003, at 08:35  PM, Rob Cozens wrote:

> There is also a difference between global constants and the ability of
> the engine to include arbitrary lines of text inline within a handler
> a la traditional "include file" functionality.

Sorry Rob- I took off on a tangent about "global constant". An
include() type of feature like one sees in PHP or Perl would be really
useful. Geoff has mentioned something about Macros in the new script
editor. Maybe it will be useful for you.

Although "incorporate any changes in myConstantList.txt at runtime"
maybe too much to hope for- would the script have to recompile whenever
the file is changed?

Alex Rice <alex at mindlube.com> | Mindlube Software |
<http://mindlube.com>