OT: Mac OS X have a "registry"?

Stephen Quinn Barncard stephenREVOLUTION at barncard.com
Wed Oct 22 17:20:47 EDT 2003

Mac OS X's 'registry' is part of the Finder and file system, and is
not accessible by mere mortals.

And since the Windoze registry is routinely accessed by machine and
people, I would think it would be a quite poor place to put this
information.

Encription should handle this level of security -- hiding it like you
suggest won't make it any better...