cross-stack globals, also, file inclusion

Alex Rice alex at mindlube.com
Wed Oct 22 11:23:17 EDT 2003

On Wednesday, October 22, 2003, at 07:44  AM, Rob Cozens wrote:

> One can accomplish most of this today:
>
> 	constant kVersion=1.234
>
> The downside here is one has defined a "constant" that can be changed,
> and even globals need to be defined in each script that uses them.

Err- not really the same thing- which is why I suggested "global
constant"

Like global, it would be usable in all scripts.
Unlike global, it would not have to be declared in each handler using
it.
Like constant, it would be directly usable in any handler that wants it.

> As I said earlier, it would be nice to be able to declare my constant
> list, in one script or a referenced file or object, and not have to
> declare them again.

Having "global constant" would provide that ability.

Alex Rice <alex at mindlube.com> | Mindlube Software |
<http://mindlube.com>