ANN: Revolution HTTPd Project

Pierre Sahores psahores at easynet.fr
Sun Oct 19 15:53:33 EDT 2003

Le dim 19/10/2003 à 18:39, Andre Garzia a écrit :
> Hi Folks,
>
> I am very very very very pleased to announce for immediate release the
> Revolution HTTPd Project. It's a simple httpd server based on Metacard
> HTTPd stack. It can serve files from a local folder and it can do lot's
> of stunts with substacks!!!! Yes thats dynamic content for you. I
> borrowed (or invented I don't know) a concept of transportation,
> meaning when a user call a file from the server, it checks if theres a
> substack with the same name, if it does have one, then it checks what
> was the desired output format (this time it's XML or HTML) then it
> pipes the result from the stack to the user.
>
> It's very cool and you must see to understand. I created a webpage for
> this project its located at http://www.soapdog.org/rev/revhttpd.html
> there you can get all your infos and the first release. It's all public
> domain with source. The current substacks (they act like CGI apps) are:
>
> 	Quotes - It's a quote of the day app, when requested as Quotes.html it
> will render a nice html, if requested as Quotes.xml it will render a
> simple to parse xml.
> 	Status - It shows some status info like open sockets and open stacks,
> when asked as Status.html it renders a nice HTML, the XML option will
> redirect you to a nice error page telling that this substack does not
> like XML.
>
> It's also possible to make HTTPd stack present itself by calling
> http://localhost:8080/httpd.html, it will echo the http request, this
> is usefull for debuging.  It's a very fun project, take your time to
> explore the site, there I explain how it's all done, also feel free to
> send me mail at soapdog at mac.com. I'll leave the HTTPd stack running at
> home so if anyone want to try it (don't know if my ISP firewall will
> allow the connection) can point their browsers to
> http://home.soapdog.org:8080/
>
> The direct download link is http://www.soapdog.org/rev/httpd.zip
>
> PS: I've got a paypal account under agarzia at mac.com if anyone want to
> support this project.
>
> Cheers and serve the developer.
> Andre Alves Garzia  2003  BRAZIL
> http://www.soapdog.org

Hi Andre,

Congratulations and thanks for doing this great project available to us.
I'm sure i have to learn about it before asking about its
functionnalities but..., i have a first question indeed : does REv HTTPd
support the "POST" method, along the "GET" one ?
--
Thanks again and Kind Regards, Pierre Sahores

100, rue de Paris
F - 77140 Nemours

GSM:   +33 6 03 95 77 70
Pro:   +33 1 41 60 52 68
Dom:   +33 1 64 45 05 33
Fax:   +33 1 64 45 05 33

Inspection académique de Seine-Saint-Denis
Applications et SGBD ACID SQL (WEB et PGI)
Penser et produire "delta de rentabilité"