POST variables to CGI via URL with URLencoded string fails??

Sannyasin Sivakatirswami katir at hindu.org
Sun Oct 19 00:34:58 EDT 2003

On Friday, October 17, 2003, at 09:40  PM, Dave Cragg wrote:

>> OK, that works great... can we depend on the order of the
>> environment variables?
>>
>> i.e
>>
>> This works:
>>
>> put urlDecode (value(item 3 of the globals)) into tRemit
>>
>> and delivers the $QUERY_STRING value..
>>
>> but if the order changed the cgi would break (depends on
>> $QUERY_STRING being always item three of the globals)
>
> I don't understand why the order is important. Why can't you do this?
>
> put urlDecode($QUERY_STRING) into tRemit

Well, if you can, great... right, you are, order is not important...
sheer ignorance on my part about the fundamentals of http processing. I
tend to "run on examples" and assumed that one needed to get all the
globals into a variable before one could address any particular one of
them. I didn't know about the $ sign... (I see the documentation now in
the transcript dictionary...)

mmm, one of these days I should just sit down and read the entire
printed manual (I did that years ago for Supercard's 1000 page manual,
but haven't for Rev...)

Thanks Dave, for being there!

Sivakatirswami

"Who you are makes a difference." ;-)