Rev2.1 Bug on a Dell Inspiron and some Dell Desktops - bugzilla #794

Kurt Kaufman kkaufman at snet.net
Sat Oct 18 09:50:54 EDT 2003

Well, this has nothing to do with the visual bug you mention, but my
stack also does "funny" things on Dell laptops:  MIDI file playback
through QT sometimes results in a horrible scratching sound instead of
the expected pitches.  This happens on-and-off, but will always happen
at least a few times each time the program is run (MIDI Builder Rev.
2.1 standalone for Windows, running on XP Pro).

As an aside:
I have to admit that I don't know how the Rev team can keep up with all
of these problems; at least where Apple Computer is concerned there is
a limited number of expected hardware configurations.  How could Rev be
expected to predict how Win_OS_x would work on Hardware_y  (and in this
case using QT_version_z!) ??

KK