POST variables to CGI via URL with URLencoded string fails??

Sannyasin Sivakatirswami katir at hindu.org
Fri Oct 17 20:24:03 EDT 2003

Aloha from Hawaii, "wonderful Dave!"

OK, that works great... can we depend on the order of the environment
variables?

i.e

This works:

put urlDecode (value(item 3 of the globals)) into tRemit

and delivers the $QUERY_STRING value..

but if the order changed the cgi would break (depends on $QUERY_STRING
being always item three of the globals)

This also works and would not be affected by a change of order

  repeat for each item i in the globals
     put i & "=" & value(i) & cr after tGlobes
   end repeat

split tGlobes by cr and "="
put  urlDecode (tGlobes["$QUERY_STRING"])  into tDataIn

What is recommended?

Thanks, what a great list, solutions in under 18 hours ;-)

Sivakatirswami