target(), mouseControl(), etc. when mouse button is down

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Fri Oct 17 12:49:32 EDT 2003

On Friday, October 17, 2003, at 03:18  AM, Martin Baxter wrote:

> Trevor,
>
> Some variation of this script in your stack or card script might do
> what
> you want. I find it works the same whether the mouse button is up or
> down.
> I use a version of this as a development utility so I can get the name
> of
> objects just by pointing at them, i.e. without recourse to the
> properties
> palette. Hence the global to turn the behaviour on and off
>
> on mouseenter
>   global gdids
>   if gdids is true then
>     put the id of the target
>   end if
> end mouseenter

I created a new stack to test this out but it doesn't seem to be
working.  In the new stack I created about 10 buttons and put the
following script in the card:

on mouseEnter
put id of target()
end mouseEnter

If I drag the mouse over the buttons without the left mouse button
depressed it works fine.  If I click on a button and then drag the
mouse around then the ids are not displayed.

--
Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Multimedia
trevor at mangomultimedia.com