Deleting lines in a field...

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Fri Oct 17 11:14:14 EDT 2003

>> delete line 3 of fld "test"
>>
>> the entire line would be deleted (if there were 10 lines, now there
>> would be 9 lines).
>>
>> In version 2.1, if I use the same command, the contents of line 3 are
>> deleted, but the empty line remains (there are still 10 lines in the
>> field).
>>
>> Anybody else find this to be true? How do I delete the entire line?

Not here on OSX.  "delete line 3 of fld "test" results in the entire line
being deleted, and "put number of lines of fld "test" results in 9.

> I am confused by everyone's responses. I am experiencing the same thing as
> John. But that is the way it has always been -- in Hypercard, in Metacard and
> in
> all versions I've used of Revolution. If you have 10 lines in fld "test" and
> type
>   delete line 3 of fld "test"
> you still have 10 lines; the only difference is that line 3 is blank. I'd be
> really surprised if version 2.1 changed that.

Try using a simple dummy stack to reproduce this behavior.  Perhaps
something is going on in your working stack/s to cause this.

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director
Tactile Media, Multimedia & Design