Deleting lines in a field...

FMoyer at aol.com FMoyer at aol.com
Fri Oct 17 09:10:07 EDT 2003

In a message dated 10/17/03 2:01:12 AM,
use-revolution-request at lists.runrev.com writes:

>Hi All,
>
>In previous versions of Revolution if you used a command like:
>
>delete line 3 of fld "test"
>
>the entire line would be deleted (if there were 10 lines, now there
>would be 9 lines).
>
>In version 2.1, if I use the same command, the contents of line 3 are
>deleted, but the empty line remains (there are still 10 lines in the
>field).
>
>Anybody else find this to be true? How do I delete the entire line?
>Have I missed something?
>
>John

I am confused by everyone's responses. I am experiencing the same thing as
John. But that is the way it has always been -- in Hypercard, in Metacard and in
all versions I've used of Revolution. If you have 10 lines in fld "test" and
type
    delete line 3 of fld "test"
you still have 10 lines; the only difference is that line 3 is blank. I'd be
really surprised if version 2.1 changed that.

The way I delete I would delete the entire line is:
      put line 1 to 2 of fld "test" & return & line 4 to 10 of fld "Test"
into fld "test"
(If anyone knows a more elegant way, please let me know!)

Fred