Multiple active players

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Thu Oct 9 01:39:02 EDT 2003

On 10/8/03 10:58 PM, "Dar Scott" <dsc at swcp.com> wrote:

> I've been looking at audio.  I see from the documentation that only one
> audioClip can be playing at a time.

> Do players have this limitation?

No (depending on the multimedia facilities available).  The one thing I've
had trouble doing is starting multiple players simultaneously without a bit
of delay between each start.  Otherwise, multiple players = no problem.

> Will setting the startTime buffer and queue the player?

You might try the prepare command for this but I'm pretty sure setting the
filename of a player will cue up the content for playback.

> Is there a way to get the current time of a playing player?

See the currentTime property.

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director