Script-Reporting Script?

Ken Norris pixelbird at interisland.net
Wed Oct 8 14:06:00 EDT 2003

Hi Dan,

> Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2003 14:21:02 -0700
> Subject: Script-Reporting Script?
> From: Dan Shafer <dan at danshafer.com>
>
> Does anyone already have a script that will go through a stack or stack
> file and print out all the scripts, along with object descriptors?
>
> I have such a beast for HyperCard, but it's not (yet) obvious to me how
> to make the concept work in Rev since I don't see a "print script"
> command.
----------
I remember that. I still have binders full of HC script printouts somewhere.
I used to go through them and make notes, change lines, and hiliter pen
hilites when I wasn't around the computer at work.
> But I really need such a beast so I'll figure out how to
> write it if it doesn't yet exist. I'm just not into re-inventing wheels.
I'd be EXTREMELY interested. One way would be to simply create an indexed
stack and something like (very basic):

put script of x into field y.

...then you'd have a stack with all the scripts in fields, and you can print
any field or sequence of fields you want from there.

Ken N.