256 colour icons in Windows using Resource Hacker

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Wed Oct 8 09:42:01 EDT 2003

Actually, Robert, it looks like you don't have to delete the second icon
group. All I did was grab a high color icon from Windows Messenger
(which has a graduated fill pattern so it's a good one to test with) and
stick it into the first icon slot.

Worked out just great!

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software