JDBC instead of ODBC

Alex Rice alex at mindlube.com
Sun Oct 5 10:32:01 EDT 2003

On Sunday, October 5, 2003, at 05:08  AM, Tuviah Snyder wrote:

>> I'm all for any method to get the bountiful world of JDBC drivers can
>> be opened up to us. Certainly better than dealing with ODBC, on Win32
>> platforms.
> ODBC is standard on Win32 platforms, and OSX ships with an ODBC
> manager. So
> it's just a matter of getting the ODBC drivers from the vendor.

Understood. The point is that JDBC is de facto standard now for
database access. Nobody is suggesting Rev's ODBC or revDB capabilities
are faulty or anything.

BTW the ODBC Manager on OS X is totally broken in my experience) And
ODBC drivers for OS X are *very* expensive.

> If you want
> direct access we support a number of databases and are sure to support
> more.

I know

> If you want to get your hands dirty with RevDB you can build your own
> RevDB
> driver (or pay someone else to), contact me off list for an SDK. You
> can
> also use the bugzilla, and request support for the database.

Thanks for the offer, that's good to know.

Alex Rice <alex at mindlube.com> | Mindlube Software | http://mindlube.com