JDBC instead of ODBC

Tuviah Snyder tuviah at runrev.com
Sun Oct 5 06:20:01 EDT 2003

>I'm all for any method to get the bountiful world of JDBC drivers can
>be opened up to us. Certainly better than dealing with ODBC, on Win32
>platforms.
ODBC is standard on Win32 platforms, and OSX ships with an ODBC manager. So
it's just a matter of getting the ODBC drivers from the vendor. If you want
direct access we support a number of databases and are sure to support more.
If you want to get your hands dirty with RevDB you can build your own RevDB
driver (or pay someone else to), contact me off list for an SDK. You can
also use the bugzilla, and request support for the database.

Tuviah Snyder <tuviah at runrev.com> <http://www.runrev.com/>
Runtime Revolution Limited - Software at the Speed of Thought