JDBC instead of ODBC

Todd Geist todd at geistinteractive.com
Sat Oct 4 13:01:01 EDT 2003

On 10/3/03 2:31 PM, "Alex Rice" <alex at mindlube.com> wrote:

> On Friday, October 3, 2003, at 01:01  PM, Todd Geist wrote:
>>  Is it particular hard to build this kind of driver?
>
> If you are programming in Java it's not hard, I would imagine.
> But JDBC makes no sense for Rev because it's not related to Java in any
> way.

But what about all those database engines that can use JDBC?

OpenBase
FrontBase
Firebird
Postrgres
MySQL
FileMaker

Etc. etc.

I know some of them are already supported by Rev but wouldn't it be nice to
have a single method to connect to all those databases that didn't require
setting up and configuring ODBC?

Todd

--
Todd Geist

web hosting ­ web design ­ application design