Decompress cross platform

FlexibleLearning at aol.com FlexibleLearning at aol.com
Sat Oct 4 12:17:01 EDT 2003

>>> Next, I'll find out that stack encryption will destroy binary data.

>> It does, Dar... when compressed userProperty data is involved.

> Thanks for the warning.
>
> Uh, I'm a little confused this morning.  Under what conditions does
> this occur?
>
> I know mcencrypt() loses info on binary data.  Is that involved in
> stack encryption?

SFAIK under all circumstances. The workaround (if memory serves) is to store
base64Encode(compress(tData)) in a userProperty instead, but there is no space
saving. Has been a 'feature' since mc.forever and therefore .rev also as the
underlying code.

MCEncrypt is internal use only and is, I believe, the engine used when a
stack is password protected. So yes.

/H