'bout Revolution and FireBird]

Júlio César Ködel kodel at terra.com.br
Thu Oct 2 14:00:00 EDT 2003

I was testing some things here... I'm a bit confuse...

What I need is:

A "remote" database engine, available for Revolution.
In the actual project (VB6), I have the FireBird installed in one machine
(the server) and I connect the client machine with a connection-string,
which contains the "provider" (ODBC), "host", "user" and "password"
parameters.

In Revolution, ODBC works with DSN, but ODBC Manager doesn't create DSNs for
remote databases (or am I wrong?).

For me, I would install MySQL and work with it, 'cos it's a great engine,
but, for my costumers, the MySQL download and installation result in a "I
won't use this software because is huge and complicated to install". =\
Firebird is my choice because it's small and it's a "point-and-click"
install...

I didn't see yet a possibility to make Revolution make the life of my
costumer easier... =(