callbacks behavior after movie restart

Toma Tasovac ttasovac at princeton.edu
Thu Oct 2 11:32:01 EDT 2003

I am using a quicktime clip with callbacks.  On each callback, a
message is sent and a line of text is displayed in a field, all very
straightforward

on message1
put "blah" in fld "blah"
end message1

on message2
put "something" in fld "blah"
end message2

When the user stops the movie, the current text remains in the text
field as it should, but when the user starts the movie again, the
engine will "fast forward" through all the text lines from the
beginning of the clip until the current text, displaying all of them
for a split second.  Is this a bug and is there a workaround? How do I
avoid all the previous callback messages being sent when the movie
starts playing from a certain point?

All best,
Toma