Screen snapshot troubles

T. R. Ponn alptex2 at orwell.net
Thu Oct 2 10:44:01 EDT 2003

Hello all!

Developing a standalone with Mac OS 9.2.2 and Rev1.1.1

I'm having a small problem with taking a screenshot of the cards of my
app.  What I'm trying to accomplish is this...

My app has MANY settings and options for the user to make.  If things
don't work out correctly for him, I wanted an easy way for him to send
me a screenshot, so that I could help him.  So, when I do this:

import snapshot from rectangle 85,80,695,565
export JPEG to URL "binfile:MainPageSnap.jpg"
delete last image

This works fine except you see a momentary "offsetting" of the image on
the screen.  Being picky, I thought I would add a simple
lockScreen...so...I end up with:

lock screen
import snapshot from rectangle 85,80,695,565
export JPEG to URL "binfile:MainPageSnap.jpg"
delete last image

This results in an image that is just a large, solid purple block the
size of the screen...with all the details gone.  This happens from the
IDE, I haven't tried it with a standalone yet...but I can't imagine it
will improve.

What's up with this?  Any ideas?  Thanks in advance for your help!

Best Regards,

Tim Ponn